Assistive Technology Get connected event for housing organisations 18 June
Improving lives – assistive technology and supported housing
Wednesday 18 June 2014, 9.15am – 3.45pm, Himley Hall, Dudley
Free event to help housing organisations across the West Midlands; understand the role of telecare assistive technology in supported housing. The event will help you better support vulnerable residents in their homes.
Key areas covered
• Contribution of assistive technology to the independence of people in need of extra support and reassurance
• Benefits of investing in assistive technology
• Full range of products on offer, including new digital technology – mobiles, apps and televideo
• Independent information on assistive technology
• Local authority telecare services – support and advice on offer
• Benefits of engaging with healthcare services and promoting the benefits of assistive technology – helping people stay at home, preventing hospital admissions and facilitating safer discharges
• Raising public and staff awareness
There will be keynote speeches, workshops and a marketplace where assistive technology products can be handled and explored. There will also be the chance to network, meet the local authority telecare leads and find out more about their services and support on offer.
What is the event?
ADASS West Midlands, together with the Black Country Collaborative Working Group, is hosting an informative one day event which aims to increase the awareness and appreciation of assistive technology products and the huge range of benefits they offer both residents and housing providers.
Who should attend?
The event is intended specifically for housing organisations and will be of particular interest to those in business development roles.
The Getconnected event is taking place on Wednesday 18 June at Himley Hall from 9.15am until 3.45am. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Please click here to confirm your attendance at the event and indicate which of the presentations you would like to attend.
For more information contact Janet Read on 01384 813098
Please note that as we anticipate a high demand there will be a limit of two places per organisation (these can be national or local, but should have a presence in the West Midlands)