DCVS Empowering leadership – a two day workshop – Places still available so book now!
Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd January 2014, 9:30am – 4:00pm (to be held in Netherton).
This workshop for members of voluntary and community organisations and will help individuals to explore what leadership is, explore empowering approaches to leadership and will help to develop leadership skills. By the end of the workshop attendees will:
- Have explored what leadership is and the difference between leadership and management
- Understand different leadership styles and models
- Have explored factors that may influence our choice of leadership styles and behaviours
- Have explored different organisational cultures
- Understand what motivates people and how to encourage and unleash creativity in their organisations
- Have learnt about ways that they can make their organisations ‘more like people’ from Liam Barrington-Bush’s book ‘Anarchists in the Boardroom’ published this year.
Who can attend: committee members, staff or volunteers from voluntary and community organisations (including social enterprises).
For more information and to book a place, please contact Kate Green, DCVS, Tel: 01384 573381.
Attendees will be notified of the venue on booking.