That was the week that was MIRID update 8 – 14 September
Here’s the latest adult social care update brought to you from Making it Real in Dudley for the last week which now includes the carers bulletins.
A big welcome to the carers network subscribers.
NB * indicates specific relevance for carers and people who use services
- Tenants and residents groups meetings
- Stoptober -Stop smoking challenge
- Face the People event 16 September Dudley’s Community Safety Partnership*
- Keeping older people safe and well events in Norton (17 – 19 September)*
- Cancer Self-Management Course, 23 September – White House Cancer Support*
- Dudley Borough Public Healthcare Forum Meeting – Thursday 25th September 2014 (4.30pm – 6.30pm)*
- Black Country Partnership for Care, Quality Managers Forum – 26 September 2014
- Understanding Personal Health Budgets seminars – free from Dudley CIL 30 Sep 4 or 5 Oct*
- Take part in the Rotary 5k fun run or 10k road race on 21 September for Age UK Dudley
- Charity cycle ride for Omega chatterbox action against loneliness – 28 September 2014*
- Selfcare Week 2014 17 – 23 November*
- Testing the bed-blocking hypothesis: does higher supply of nursing and care homes reduce delayed hospital discharges?
- 2014 public awareness and opinion survey from Public Health England
- National Business Champion for Older Workers
- Fuller Working Lives: A Framework for ActionDWP
- Husband, Partner, Dad, A survey of the experiences and needs of male carers – Carers Trust Report*
- National Dignity Conference 14 October 2014
- National Carers Summit -13 November, London
- The Kings Fund Annual Conference – 14 November
If you would like further details on Making it Real in Dudley please go to www.makingitrealindudley.org
You can also subscribe to our mailing list to receive updates in real-time.
Alternatively you can contact Shelley Brooks on 01384 812418 or email