Those were the weeks that were MIRID update 7 December – 20 December 2015
Here’s the latest adult social care update brought to you from Making it Real in Dudley.
Please note because of the holidays our next bulletin will be published week commencing Monday 11 January 2016.
Wishing everybody a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
- Dudley Mental Health support line – opening times over Christmas
- Brilliant video about ageing well and people with learning disabilities in Dudley inspired by Halas Homes
- Christmas message from Royal British Legion WM and Coventry admiral nursing team…..
- Keep safe at home over the festive period – from Living Well Feeling Safe
- Changes to the housing support drop in service over the festive season from Dudley Council
- Borough residents are reminded that there are changes to this year’s Christmas waste and recycling collections over the festive period
- Spending Christmas day alone? Know of anyone join Creative Support, Dudley Advocacy & Black Country Housing Group’s free Christmas day lunch and volunteers wanted too!
- Black Country Partnership for Care’s latest newsletter is now out
- The Winter 2015 edition of Home Affairs, the Dudley Council tenants’ and residents’ magazine, is now available
- December – February Get Cycling programme from Age UK Dudley
- Healthy Footsteps winter walking programme for the over 50s (January – March)
- Age UK Dudley Spring board activity programme January – April 2016
- Crafts and textiles. Two new courses starting 4th January 2016 at Queens Cross, Wellington Road, Dudley
- New lip reading/speaking courses start 4 January (Workers Educational Association)
- Yoga for health and well-being specially adapted course for people with mobility issues starts 6 January
- Books on the move event talk and walk – 6 Jan from Age UK Dudley
- Learn how to do magical things with a digital camera course – starts 12 january @Broadmeadow Retirement Village
- Graphic Facilitation Training 14th & 15th January 2016
- Swimming lessons for over 50s starts 19 January – Age UK Dudley
Regular local events
- Monday night Alzheimer’s support group Brierley Hill*
- Age UK Dudley Walks with a difference programme Walk and Talk Book Club
- Nordic walking group aims to promote health and wellbeing Age UK every thursday
- Free family history workshop from Omega Care @ Dudley Archives – last friday of every month*
- Saturday dementia club, Brett Young Centre, starts 12 December from Creative Support*
- Free Nordic Walking for the over 50s – Age UK Dudley every 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Older people: hospital discharge and intermediate care – Event 9 Feb and blog from The Kings Fund
- Free Digital Health / Care Conference, University of Warwick – 26 January 2016
If you would like further details on Making it Real in Dudley please go to www.makingitrealindudley.org
Subscribe to Making it Real in Dudley
In addition you can also receive a weekly round-up of all posts that will be sent to you every Monday – Subscribe to weekly update
Alternatively you can contact Shelley Brooks on 01384 812418 or email
*indicates specific interest for carers.